Due to recent contract wins and organic growth, our client based in the Aberdeen area are looking for an experienced Quantity Surveyor to come join them on a full-time, permanent basis. This is a rare opportunity to join a thriving organisation who are going from strength to strength each year. Our client is looking for a like-minded individual to come join their commercial team. Our client have been paving the way in their specialist field for years now and are a market leader in their industry.
This is a great opportunity to join an organisation where longevity is at the centre of their organisation. As the QS you will be a key point of contact for any queries relating to QS work within the commercial team. You will be working alongside the Chief QS and ensuring all materials and labour are in line with project budgets.
The key responsibilities include:
- Control and monitor commercial activity of projects, which include expenditure, costs and all other matters.
- Review and manage contractual documentation relating to bonds, warranties and the main contract on the assigned project.
- Complete cost value reconciliations at period end
- Assist with year end reporting.
- Monitor and review material and labour allowance and actual with the chief QS.
- Review project budgets and actuals where required.
- Manage subcontract procurement.
- Prepare and complete project forecasting in line with deadlines.
- Reporting on period end results.
- Resolve any project issues related to commercial queries.
- Monitor project progress and highlight any action required to limit risks.
- Liaise with subcontractors to ensure payment procedures are in place under contractual obligations.
- Highlight any project variations.
- Maintain excellent relationships with external and internal management.
The key skills / knowledge / experience required:
- Previous experience in a similar position
- Recognised QS qualification (Degree or relevant experience)
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Experience within commercial construction surveying
- Demonstrable industry experience
- Self-starter and have the ability to work as part of a larger team.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.