One of our long-term construction clients are on the lookout for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to come join them on a full-time, permanent basis. This would ideally suit an ambitious QS looking to make a step up in their career and make a real impact on their next organisation. Our client is a well established organisation based in Angus who are looking for like-minded individuals to come join their growing commercial team.
As the Senior QS you will be a key point of contact within my clients business, you will be well versed in their specialist field and resolve any QS related queries. Through many years of hard work, our client has a well-established reputation within their specialist field. This is an excellent opportunity to join a thriving business.
The key responsibilities will include:
- Monthly cost reports
- Ordering materials
- Sub contractor valuation payments
- Plan and manage costs from conception to completion on a variety of different projects
- Analyse sub contract tenders and the placing of sub contracts
- Preparation of weekly labour returns
- Prepare reports and attend site progress meetings when required
- Regular site visits to identify any variations
- Ensure that ISO 9001 management system is adhered to
- Liaise closely with site management.
The key skills / experience / knowledge required:
- Previous experience within a similar position
- A minimum of 6 years experience within a QS position
- Proven technical ability to read / understand drawings
- Excellent commercial awareness and appreciation of the construction process
- Office based role
- Bonus scheme available
- Car allowance or Company car
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.