Job now filled, regular requirement, please send CV for future vacancies
Sales Engineer- Oil and Gas/ Renewables
The Sales Engineer will be responsible for managing and developing existing and potential clients in prospective markets, actively generating, driving and converting enquiries through to orders, working in conjunction with his or her colleagues in the “Win It” team.
The candidate must be able to articulate and manage the technical and sales aspects of our products to both commercial and technical users to ensure that we meet and exceed customer expectations through all stages of the transaction process.
Clients are typically project / technical staff and purchasing personnel from major contractors and specialist equipment manufacturers within the oil & gas and renewables sectors.
The Sales Engineer must be able to establish and maintain strong relationships throughout the sales cycle and foster a long-term “partnering” philosophy through understanding client requirements and aligning those to the business plan.
Main duties & responsibilities of the job holder
To identify and secure profitable business for the company in line with the business plan targets; to maintain customer satisfaction and good client relations; to provide the business with accurate market and industry intelligence.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for representing the company and its range of buoyancy, protection and insulation product solutions directly to clients
- Have the ability to identify, understand, interpret and collate client requirements
- Follow up quotations with view to negotiating tender and contract terms to client and company mutual satisfaction
- Ability to liaise with and convey customer requirements to Design, Proposals and Project Management teams
- Establish, develop and grow long-term relationships with clients
- Meet sales targets and budgets
- Prepare sales reports for management
- Attend industry events such as exhibitions and conferences, etc
- Educated to higher level.
- Relevant engineering qualification.
- Have sound subsea technical / engineering knowledge.
- 1-2 years previous sales and / or proposals experience.
- Computer literate in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook & Powerpoint.
- The successful candidate will be self-motivated with a proven track record in sales within the Renewables and/or Oil & Gas industries
- Strong presentation skills.
- Excellent communication skills, to be able to effectively communicate with clients both verbally and where written responses are required.
- Planning and Evaluating – Establishes goals and determines action required for self and department. Identifies resources required to meet targets and deadlines, evaluating any potential impact of proposed actions on other departments/operations.
- Problem Solving – Anticipates potential problems and develops appropriate solutions through use of logic, objectivity and initiative.
- Decision Making – Judges the necessity for decisions with the need for consultation. Uses objectivity and a range of techniques to establish the key issues influencing the decision and considers the risks and potential before taking a decision, involving and consulting as appropriate.
- Risk-taking/Assertiveness – Considers all potential courses of action and takes considered risks to achieve objectives.
- Continuous Improvement – Develops creative ways of improving performance and utilising technological solutions where appropriate. Sets challenging personal objectives aimed at exceeding previous performance and continuously seeking improvement across all areas of departmental responsibility.
- Leadership – Shows confidence in own ability and works well within the team.
- Managing Change – Adopts a flexible approach to plans and working practices to accommodate new initiatives and successfully adapts to a new working environment or culture.
- Communication – Presents information to the team with clarity, ensuring understanding. Establishes information flows between self, departmental management and other key players to ensure effective information sharing to achieve the required standards and agreed goals.
- Team building – Ensures cooperation with other departments to ensure achievement of agreed goals. Communicates a customer focused vision and acts effectively and objectively to resolve conflict, minimising disruption to the operation of the department.
- Health and Safety – Understands the Health and Safety legislation pertinent to area of operation and ensures their consistent implementation in the workplace, in a fair and reasonable manner.
- Achievement of sales targets in line with business plan targets.
- Retention and development of identified client base.
- Maximising networking opportunities and contact base.
- Timely presentation of quality reports, feedback or papers for discussion.
- Utilisation of marketing tools; presentations, seminars, etc.
The clients privately-owned headquarters in Aberdeen is home to their laboratory, mechanical testing facilities and Subsea Test Centre which is now the most comprehensive commercially available hydrostatic test facility in Europe.
They continue to make significant investments in their syntactic, composite and polymer processing facilities and our products are used in the deepest and most hostile waters of the world.
Their extensive manufacturing facility enables us to research, identify and develop cost effective materials across a spectrum of applications.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.