Directs, guides, supports, and reviews the work of other engineers and technical staff, either individually or as the lead of a small group as well as performing the most difficult and complex engineering work related to assigned projects.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE / SKILLS REQUIRED
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering [other qualifications may be accepted depending on experience].
- Extensive design and development experience in sub-sea oilfield equipment.
- Proficient in identifying resources requirements and management of same
- Proficient in identifying and conceptualising innovative engineering solutions.
- Proficient in the development and implementation of new and existing design procedures and processes.
- Excellent supervisory, man management skills and leadership qualities, including ability to supervise, coach and mentor other members of the engineering and design team.
- Develop and monitor employees progress and performance within their department.
- Proficient in all methods of communication [verbal, written & presentation].
- Knowledge and experience with Solidworks or alternative 3D CAD software.
- Fully competent in Microsoft 365 software [Outlook / Word / Excel / PowerPoint].
- Clear understanding of corporate health, safety and environmental responsibilities in associated position
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Direct and integrate the activities of multiple design projects; ensuring that design efforts are cohesive, consistent, and effective in supporting company mission, goals, and strategic plan.
- Plan, direct, and co-ordinate design engineer and designer project activities to ensure that goals or objectives of the Engineering department are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters.
- Responsible for developing and fostering effective collaboration between departments to ensure good performance within the company.
- Liaise with other functional/departmental managers so as to understand all necessary aspects and needs of engineering department personnel development and to ensure they are fully informed of design objectives, purpose and achievements.
- Participate in and oversee the development, implementation, and maintenance of individual design objectives and short and long range plans; develop tracking and evaluation programs to assist in the accomplishment of established design goals and objectives.
- Generate conceptual designs or customise existing designs for proposals/projects from customer or internally generated specifications.
- Verify design where necessary using classical analysis techniques [bending, buckling, shear, bearing, and pressure vessel]. Assistance will be enlisted where more complex analysis is required. Analysis will require to be formalised for inclusion in product design files and Product Design Documentation.
- Generate equipment assembly, test, FAT, handling, storage, rework, maintenance and commissioning procedures as required.
- Develop and establish policies, strategies and processes designed to provide efficient and effective service.
- Provide competent input to risk assessments related to equipment
- Participate in investigation and disposition of non-conformances or improvement actions.
- Insert, maintain and review data on electronic register system.
- Develop the skills of individual engineering team members.
- Provide necessary support to the various internal departments [manufacturing, workshop, planning, QA, commercial, purchasing, assembly etc.] as equipment is progressed through the facility.
- Field service as required for training and offshore installation.
- Recording of work time and duties to allow tracking of departmental expenditure.
- Ensure activities meet with and integrate with organisational requirements for quality management, health and safety, legal stipulations, environmental policies and general duty of care.
- To work at all times to the Company’s Quality Management System and in a safe, responsible and cost effective manner.
HEALTH & SAFETY AND COMPLIANCE
All employees must:
- Take reasonable care to prevent harm to themselves and consider the potential for harm to others or the environment that may be caused by their acts or omissions.
- Work in accordance with the information and training provided to them.
- Refrain from intentionally misusing or recklessly interfering with anything that has been provided for Health, Safety and/or Environmental reasons.
- Report any hazardous defects in plant, equipment and workplace, or shortcomings in the existing controls, to a responsible person without delay.
- Not undertake any task for which authorisation and/or training has not been given.
- You may be required to undertake the role of Fire-warden and/or First-aider [training would be provided].
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.