Job now filled, regular requirement, please send CV for future vacancies
Directs, guides, supports, and reviews the work of other engineers and technical staff, either individually or as the lead of a small group as well as performing the most difficult and complex engineering work related to assigned projects.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE / SKILLS REQUIRED
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering [other qualifications may be accepted depending on experience].
- Extensive design and development experience in sub-sea oilfield equipment.
- Proficient in identifying resources requirements and management of same
- Proficient in identifying and conceptualising innovative engineering solutions.
- Proficient in the development and implementation of new and existing design procedures and processes.
- Excellent supervisory, man management skills and leadership qualities, including ability to supervise, coach and mentor other members of the engineering and design team.
- Develop and monitor employees progress and performance within their department.
- Proficient in all methods of communication [verbal, written & presentation].
- Knowledge and experience with Solidworks or alternative 3D CAD software.
- Fully competent in Microsoft 365 software [Outlook / Word / Excel / PowerPoint].
- Clear understanding of corporate health, safety and environmental responsibilities in associated position
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Direct and integrate the activities of multiple design projects; ensuring that design efforts are cohesive, consistent, and effective in supporting company mission, goals, and strategic plan.
- Plan, direct, and co-ordinate design engineer and designer project activities to ensure that goals or objectives of the Engineering department are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters.
- Responsible for developing and fostering effective collaboration between departments to ensure good performance within the company.
- Liaise with other functional/departmental managers so as to understand all necessary aspects and needs of engineering department personnel development and to ensure they are fully informed of design objectives, purpose and achievements.
- Participate in and oversee the development, implementation, and maintenance of individual design objectives and short and long range plans; develop tracking and evaluation programs to assist in the accomplishment of established design goals and objectives.
- Generate conceptual designs or customise existing designs for proposals/projects from customer or internally generated specifications.
- Verify design where necessary using classical analysis techniques [bending, buckling, shear, bearing, and pressure vessel]. Assistance will be enlisted where more complex analysis is required. Analysis will require to be formalised for inclusion in product design files and Product Design Documentation.
- Generate equipment assembly, test, FAT, handling, storage, rework, maintenance and commissioning procedures as required.
- Develop and establish policies, strategies and processes designed to provide efficient and effective service.
- Provide competent input to risk assessments related to equipment
- Participate in investigation and disposition of non-conformances or improvement actions.
- Insert, maintain and review data on electronic register system.
- Develop the skills of individual engineering team members.
- Provide necessary support to the various internal departments [manufacturing, workshop, planning, QA, commercial, purchasing, assembly etc.] as equipment is progressed through the facility.
- Field service as required for training and offshore installation.
- Recording of work time and duties to allow tracking of departmental expenditure.
- Ensure activities meet with and integrate with organisational requirements for quality management, health and safety, legal stipulations, environmental policies and general duty of care.
- To work at all times to the Company’s Quality Management System and in a safe, responsible and cost effective manner.
HEALTH & SAFETY AND COMPLIANCE
All employees must:
- Take reasonable care to prevent harm to themselves and consider the potential for harm to others or the environment that may be caused by their acts or omissions.
- Work in accordance with the information and training provided to them.
- Refrain from intentionally misusing or recklessly interfering with anything that has been provided for Health, Safety and/or Environmental reasons.
- Report any hazardous defects in plant, equipment and workplace, or shortcomings in the existing controls, to a responsible person without delay.
- Not undertake any task for which authorisation and/or training has not been given.
- You may be required to undertake the role of Fire-warden and/or First-aider [training would be provided].
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.