To support the Product Development department, via direct or indirect involvement, in:
- Design activities to support the company’s projects and technology development.
- Design and review of new and existing company technology.
- Developing, revising, reviewing and approving drawings, control schemes and programs (software / firmware) required to communicate, control, and operate asset hardware and processes.
- Performing Engineering verification analysis to assess suitability of design.
- Test activities to qualify and validate equipment designs in accordance with procedures and industry standards.
- Design, test and deployment of company technology.
- Supporting the Product Development department in meeting the ongoing requirements of the business.
- Liaising with other departments in the business to support the development of design solutions.
- Reporting progress to Design Engineering Manager.
- Develop designs from concept through to finished product in line with design request and equipment technical specification.
- Provide design engineering support to the business.
- Communicate with staff and external parties on the application of any. electrical, electronic, and programmable hardware, firmware, and software.
- Communicate group activities on the: specification, adherence, supply, control, and consumption of electrical energy.
- Communicate and advise on the safe use of electrical energy to enable the manufacture and testing of assets along with its connection, disconnection and consumption across all Projects and Operations.
- Creating quality designs, drawings, calculations and supporting documents in line with design request requirements.
- Determine the availability of assets and assemblies based on their electrical: certification, condition of repair, allocation, and operation.
- Responsible for leading, attending and contributing during engineering design reviews.
- Assist in the evaluation of product viability.
- Support engineering cost and delivery estimates for proposing development of new technology.
- Ensure project progress is sufficiently communicated to Design Engineering Manager and key project stakeholders.
- Undertake role of lead electrical design engineer on company projects.
- Check and approval of technical documents associated with design development.
- Actively promote a positive team working environment within the Product Development and interfacing departments.
- Provide support / assistance in the process of assembly and testing of new products.
- Ensure business and design development engineering processes and procedures are adhered to.
- Ensure effective and productive client relationships are built and maintained.
- Responsible for writing technical documents and specifications for new and existing products.
- Supporting handover of new technology / equipment to Product Line Department.
- Providing guidance & mentoring to less experienced members of the team.
- Adhere to company QHSE policies and procedures.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Degree qualified in relevant field (Electrical Engineering)
- BOSIET and MIST
- Chartered Engineer or working towards
- Engineering experience in electrical / mechanical equipment design and manufacture
- Design development of new products / technology
- Experience with fast paced project delivery
- Providing engineering solutions to design problems
- 2D CAD Systems
- Experience working in Oil and Gas Industry
- Experience with drilling, solids control or drilling fluids areas
- 3D CAD systems
- Knowledge and expertise in Electrical Design Engineering
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in hand calculations for verification of design suitability
- Prioritising conflicting workloads
- Working to tight deadlines
- Self-motivated and ability to work under pressure
- Good team player with sound interpersonal skills
- Experience with design and testing of new technology
- Driving Licence
- Autodesk Inventor
- Hands on experience with assembly and testing of new technology
COMPLYING WITH PROCEDURES:
- Ensure that all operations comply with the Company and Client operating policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all operations comply with the Company Health and Safety policy.
- Be aware of company conditions of employment as detailed in the Employee Handbook.
- Liaise with the HR Department to assure compliance with current employment law legislation and contract of employment.
- Keep up to date with other current legislation, legal requirements and regulations that apply to the company.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.