An excellent opportunity has become available for a Senior Estimator to come join one of our award winning clients based in the Central Belt area. Our client has been operating for more than 20 years and in such time have become a leading contractor in their specialist field. As the Senior Estimator you will become a valuable part of an established team and ensure the organisation continue to grow from strength to strength. As the Senior Estimator you will be working closely with the Operations and Commercial Teams to ensure viability of contracts and ensure estimates are accurate. You will be reporting directly to the estimating director.
Our client is looking for a likeminded individual who share the same core values as them. You will have an eye for detail and ensure quality is at the forefront of everything you do. As the Senior Estimator you will be the key point of contact for any estimating queries.
As the Senior Estimator your key responsibilities will be but not limited to:
- Liaise with both Commercial and Operations to ensure the commercial viability of contracts.
- Ensure all tenders are submitted in a timely fashion.
- During the bid process you will be the main customer contact, you will update the job file and respond to any queries where necessary.
- Ensure a working Knowledge of subcontractors is maintained and ensure all estimates are based upon approved and competent suppliers.
- Conduct site visits to ensure work methods are assessed, highlighting any opportunities or challenges.
- Ensure quality in maintained and all forms of construction related projects are completed to the highest of standards.
- Being an active member of our clients Supply Chain cultivation with subcontractors and suppliers
- Study the commercial and technical requirements of a bid, managing any requirements that may place the company at risk or provide commercial opportunities.
The key skills / knowledge / education required:
- Qualified to degree level in a relevant field or substantial experience in a similar role.
- Previous experience estimating projects.
- Estimating software experience required.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Have a clear understanding of manufactured joinery, fit out and refurbishment projects.
- Excellent ability to build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- IT Literate
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.