Job Purpose Summary
To provide quality engineering support to the Projects division in executing and delivering projects to clients. The Senior HVAC Design Project Engineer will assist the project Manager with a range of projects and management of Design Activities and deliver the projects within time and budget. They will be responsible for liaising with clients and ensuring that their needs are met throughout the projects whilst controlling engineering changes from a technical and commercial viewpoint. To mentor and assist with the development of junior engineers as required.
- Manage team workload and distribution of activities dependent n schedule and workload
- Co-ordinate and plan HVAC projects for onshore and offshore clients from conceptual design through to close out
- Carry out HVAC surveys, onshore / offshore and overseas when required
- Assist Project Manager and Estimator to Prepare quotations in response to client enquiries
- Carry out detailed design, calculations and drawings.
- Review of All design activities
- Ensure high standards are maintained in terms of client liaison, both verbally and by email
- To monitor project budgets on a regular basis and bring any potential overspend to the attention of the project manager as soon as known
- Create specifications, co-ordinate procurement of materials and ensure delivery to client
- Where required, travel to installation sites and review/rectify any issues arising between client and company
- Carry out regular design and project reviews
- To ensure that offshore personnel are briefed prior to undertaking a job and understand clearly the requirements of on-time reporting and completion of documentation post job execution.
- To coordinate the procurement of materials, recording and dispatch of materials to site ensuring compliance and documentation trail is maintained to the highest standards.
- To occasionally supervise on site on complex or challenging work scopes demanding the leadership and direction of a senior person.
- To promote at all time safety in the workplace and ensure all offshore personnel understand the importance of safety and environmental compliance whilst offshore.
- To maintain records and files and generally ensure good housekeeping is maintained in both electronic and hard copy.
- To support and mentor the other team members sharing your knowledge and experiences.
- Comply with company’s HSEQ policies and procedures and ensure working practices are safe, always protecting the environment and Company reputation.
- Intervene, where possible, to prevent unsafe acts or conditions including stopping work where necessary.
- Restarting when it is safe to do so.
- Report any accidents, incidents or near misses and unsafe conditions, behaviours or acts to line management, or by using the company’s observation card system.
- Ensure all personnel under your direct charge are suitably trained and competent to carry out the prescribed tasks and have read and understood RAMS issued to them, prior to starting work.
- Adhere to the controls described in risk assessments, RAMS and COSHH assessments, and highlight any shortcomings in the existing controls to line management.
- Visually inspect and check tools, equipment and plant which has been issued to you before use and report any deficiencies to line management.
- Correctly use PPE which you have been issued and inform line management when it is worn or damaged.
- Complete mandatory training as identified on the compay’s training matrix.
- On request, actively participate in audits and inspections.
- Actively contribute and work towards HSEQ goals, objectives, targets and initiatives
- Comply with client site safety requirements
- Ensure all waste handled is disposed of in a suitable manner
- HNC/HND/Degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar
- DC Valid Offshore Certification (e.g. BOSIET, MIST, Medical etc.)
- P601 & P602 LEV Experience
- CAD Mep 3D modelling software
- Building Services Qualifications
- Proven experience in providing support to customers
- Willing to travel overseas and offshore when required
- Proven design and project management experience on a wide range of refrigeration and air conditioning systems and applications
- Experience of carrying out relevant calculations
- Oil & Gas experience
Skills and Knowledge
- Computer literate in all Microsoft Packages – mainly Excel, Word and Microsoft Project.
- Team player, friendly and outgoing with a positive outlook.
- Attention to detail with a high level of accuracy.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Expert technical skills and knowledge of all manner of refrigeration systems and cold rooms.
- Excellent technical skills and knowledge of a wide range of air conditioning systems and chillers.
- Excellent communication skills in English (written and oral).
- High financial and commercial awareness with the ability to manage large budgets and resources.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to forge strong business relationships with customers, suppliers, colleagues and contractors.
- A thorough understanding of and ability to deliver outstanding customer service
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.