Senior Mechanical/Analysis (FEA) Engineer
- To provide an engineering service within the Products business unit, guidance and direction to engineering staff, and provision of engineering services to other divisions and 3rd parties.
- Qualified to degree level in a mechanical engineering discipline with a minimum of 5 years’ experience preferably gained within the energy sector. Must be able to demonstrate experience in two or more of the following: Finite Element Analysis (FEA); pressure vessel codes; design of mechanical components; fatigue analysis; fracture mechanics.
- Analysis of connectors and associated equipment by FEA or hand calculations where appropriate
- Fatigue life assessments
- Complete results and reports following design calculations/analysis in a timely manner
- Actively progress and manage assigned tasks from concept to completion
- Where appropriate, reporting progress to clients along with documentation of work
- Assisting with preparation of quotations for clients
- Monitoring of time and costs throughout the duration of each assigned task
- Checking and approval of drawings, documents, reports, and calculations to ensure they meet the required standards
- Design and development of connector product line
- Actively take part in design reviews
- Provide technical product support to sales
- Provide guidance, direction, and supervision to engineering staff
- Other duties as required
- To develop self within role.
- To support the development of subordinates in their roles.
- To create and maintain good working relationships.
- To remain flexible in approach.
- Fulfil responsibilities under the Company Health, Safety and Environmental Policy and ensure so far as is reasonably practicable, the health, safety and welfare of the team.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.