Due to an increase in work, a returning client of ours is looking for an additional Site Manager to come join them of a full time, permanent basis. Our client is a well established Civil Engineering firm based in Glasgow with a wide range of projects across multiple sectors including; infrastructure, renewables and marine to name a few. Thus, giving them stability and allowing sustainable growth year on year. If you have a keen interest in working for a medium sized company, which is big enough to give good prospects for promotion but also small enough to give you room to make your mark a real contribution to the business, then we want to hear from you.
As the Site Manager you will be responsible for the day to day running of the site and the supervision of sub-contractors. Additionally, you will ensure all site paperwork is kept up to date and you will utilise your previous experience of supervising employees to ensure health and safety is maintained across the site.
The key responsibilities include:
- Liaise with specialist contractors and sub-contractors on site.
- Organise and coordinate all labour on site.
- Ensure high workmanship is maintained in all areas of site.
- Ensure programme constraints are communicated and drive works to meet set targets.
- Ensure all labour and site meet and comply with the Construction Phase Health & Safety plan.
- Manage the setting out works.
- Ensure all timesheets are correct and general paperwork is kept up to date.
- Ensure all plant and machines are used efficiently and safely.
- Maintain the site, ensuring it is kept tidy at all times.
- Ensure high productivity levels across the site.
- Responsible for the compliance of the Quality & Environmental Management plans.
- Order plant and materials in line with the programmes requirements.
- Control plant hire, maintenance and security.
- Liaise with the management team with regards to controls of works on site.
- Ensure all setting out information is communicated effectively.
- Maintain all site files and ensure registers are kept up to date.
- Continuously assess accuracy of all works across site.
- Strive to reduce costs where possible and complete contract within budget.
The key skills / knowledge / experience required:
- Previous experience within a similar role within the Construction industry (Civils preferred)
- Proven track record of management / supervisory experience
- Engineering Qualification e.g. BEng Civil Engineering or industry equivalent
- Previous experience of liaising with specialist contractors including Architects, Engineers, Clients and Sub-contractors
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Valid CSCS card
- SMSTS 5 day
- First Aid training
- Excellent knowledge of Health & Safety in construction
- Road & Street Works Certificate
- Driving licence
- Willing and flexible to travel
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.