Up to £28k
A new opportunity has become available with one of our long-standing clients based south of Aberdeen. They are on the look out for a Trainee Quantity Surveyor who is keen to learn and adapt to new responsibilities within the company. Our client is big on training, therefore, full support and mentoring will be available from the offset to ensure you have all the resources and knowledge to carry out your job role successfully.
Our client is looking for an individual who is keen to learn and develop within a successful company. You will demonstrate flexibility, motivation and commitment to providing a high quality of service. As the Trainee QS you will be supported by senior members of the Commercial team, you will have allocated projects, some may require working individually however, majority will be working alongside a senior QS.
The key responsibilities include:
- Analyse and prepare costs for tenders, additionally prepare contract documents which include cash flow forecasts and bills of quantities.
- Liaise with clients to establish their requirements, prepare budgets to reflect these requirements.
- Conduct risk management and cost control, highlighting any commercial risks and responses.
- Liaise with subcontracts and prepare subcontract documents.
- Provide assistance and advice on contractual claims where appropriate.
- Liaise with finance to ensure valuations, final accounts and payments are completed on time.
- Ensure all cost analysis and reporting are completed on allocated projects both pre and post contract.
- Ensure a high level of health & Safety is maintained on and off site.
- Ensure all relevant documentation is maintained (logs & registers).
The skills / experience required:
- Recognised Quantity Surveying qualification (HNC up to Degree level)
- Excellent drive and willingness to learn
- Good communication and organisational skills
- Previous experience in a similar role (minimum of 3 months experience preferred)
- Have a good understanding of the project management lifecycle
- Driving Licence is essential
- Competitive Salary
- 30 days paid holiday
- Company pension scheme
- Company specific benefits
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.