Job now filled, regular requirement, please send CV for future vacancies
An excellent opportunity has arisen to join a well established engineering firm in Portlethen, Aberdeenshire.
Working in the warehouse as a Warehouse Assistant your job will include packing shipments being distributed from the facility, ensuring all transactions are executed through the Warehouse management system. There will be a requirement to use mechanical handling equipment and hand tools while following inhouse safety procedures.
Other duties include:
- General warehouse tasks as requested in other sections within the warehouse.
- Physically checking, counting, and packing materials
- Operating various storage and transport equipment, i.e., Powered forklifts, Overhead crane
- Safe loading and unloading of trucks for shipments that arrive/depart the facility
- Participate in on-call rota as required
- Carrying out a reasonable amount of overtime as and when required and in line with operational requirements
- Good housekeeping
We are looking for candidates that have previous warehousing experience, the use of ERP Systems would be an advantage.
Skills, Training & Specialist Knowledge:
- Computer literacy including basic knowledge of Microsoft/ application (essential).
- Good communication skills (essential).
- Practical training on all essential workshop lifting equipment incl. Overhead Crane and Forklift trucks (desirable).
Working 7.5 hours per day (08:30-16:30) Mon – Fri.
Hourly rate depending on experience (£10.42 – £11.12)
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.