Warehouse Assistant – Portlethen
KBM have a new vacancy for a Warehouse Assistant to join an Oil and Gas Co in Portlethen. Throughout the general warehouse duties there will be a requirement to use mechanical handling equipment and hand tools while following the Health and Safety process and procedures.
To qualify you must be safety conscious at all times and report any safety hazards to the HSE representative.
This is an ideal opportunity for a self-motivated person to work for an established Engineering company.
- Packing all 3rd party and intercompany shipments being distributed from the facility.
- Assist with general warehouse tasks as requested in other sections within the warehouse.
- Physically checking, counting, and packing materials
- Operates various storage and transport equipment, i.e., Powered forklifts, Overhead crane
- Safe loading and unloading of trucks for shipments that arrive/depart the facility
- Responsible for complying with all company HS&E (Health & Safety) and warehouse procedural requirements
- Responsible for maintaining a high standard of housekeeping
- Responsible for carrying out a reasonable amount of overtime as and when required and in line with operational requirements
- To support the Warehouse Manager or supervisors in performing other duties as and when required
Essential Qualifications required;
- Standard Grade Level of Secondary Education or equivalent
- Previous experience in a Warehouse
- Computer literacy including basic knowledge of Microsoft/ application.
- Good communication skills
- Technical qualification related to the job role
- Basic IT skills with word/excel
- Practical training on all essential workshop lifting equipment incl. Overhead Crane and Forklift trucks
Hours – Mon to Fr 08:30 – 16:30 / 30mins lunch
Duration: 3 months high possibility extension/temp to perm)
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.