Warehouse Person / Driver / Receiver
Function Responsible to: Warehouse Supervisor
Overall Purpose of Job
Perform various tasks related to the efficient running of the stores, machine shop and valve shop, ensuring that raw materials, components and finished goods are received, checked, stored, issued and delivered correctly.
- Forklift driving, unloading and loading lorries.
- Driving for pick-ups and deliveries, with occasional driving down to central belt.
- Material receipt checks.
- Receiving, Checking, Marking and Batching goods in using Sage Line 200
- Purchasing of consumables for the warehouse
- Picking material for customer orders.
- Packing material for road, air and sea shipment.
- Measuring of components and machined items.
- Marking of components and machined items.
- Machine maintenance and cleaning.
- Keeping the warehouse tidy and organised.
- Organising collection of recycling and scrap metal
Experience / Education
- Minimum of one year’s previous employment in stores and / or workshop environment
- Secondary education to minimum level of standard grade in at least 4 subjects
- Candidates who can demonstrate a mechanical and hands-on aptitude, coupled with the ability to process and understand paperwork are preferred.
- A full and clean UK driving licence is essential.
Other Tasks: This position will include a requirement to be available for on call assistance out of hours as required, along with any other reasonable duties as determined by the Warehouse Supervisor, Logistics and Purchasing Manager or the Company Directors.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.