We are currently looking for an LV winder / fitter to support our client’s team in Aberdeen where you will predominantly be working on LV motors and generators. Knowledge and experience on DC machines and MV/ HV machines would also be an advantage.
Your main tasks and responsibilities:
- To carry out rewinding and repairs to single phase and three phase AC motors, and small DC motors
- Carry out incoming inspections of electro-mechanical equipment for damage and evidence of electrical malfunctions to set procedures
- Document all relevant data specific to unit’s electro-magnetic characteristics, operating conditions, existing damage, or intended serviceability.
- Prepare all reusable parts for rewinding and inspect renewed parts for hidden, or unusual conditions.
- Manufacture of LV / soft coils
- Operate specialised repair and testing equipment, including winding machines, test panels, surge testers, core-loss testers, burnout ovens, bake ovens, grinders, cranes, brazing units, dip tanks, and various handheld power and non-power tools.
To succeed in this role, you will need:
- Formal apprenticeship in electrical/mechanical engineering is preferred
- Advanced knowledge of the repair and rewind of electrical motors & generators or similar equipment
- Extensive experience installing and repairing electrical motors
- Ability to work as part of a team with the initiative to work independently
- We offer excellent opportunities to develop, along with a competitive salary and company bonus scheme
- 33 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays) + service days
- Defined contribution pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Program
- On-site car parking
- Access to a wide range of discounts on Everyday Shopping, Entertainment, and Lifestyle
- Long service awards
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.