Job now filled, regular requirement, please send CV for future vacancies
We have an exciting opportunity for a Workshop Technician to join our client’s team based in Westhill.
Primary functions of this position are to ensure all equipment is prepared, tested, labelled, identified, stored safely, calibrated, and packaged appropriately before delivery. To carry out electrical safety tests as required by regulations. To maintain and complete work orders and customer records in the ERP.
- Responsible for inspection, testing, repair, and preparation of stand-alone and integrated subsea survey equipment and/or tooling packages
- Completing work orders in the ERP
- Commissioning New Plant
- Ensuring hire equipment is labelled and professionally presented
- Preparing and testing equipment for hire, ensuring the kit is fully functional, complete, accurately documented, photographed, and professionally presented
- Off-hiring and testing equipment returning from hire as per workshop procedures
- Documenting any missing/damaged equipment
- Completing repairs to equipment to manufacturer standards
- Travel offshore/dockside to assist as per client requirements
- Carry out electrical safety tests as required by regulations
- Ensure that equipment is stored correctly and safely
- Adhere to the stock control system used for spares and consumables, reporting any shortages or issues to the Storeman
- Package and secure equipment suitable for the transport requirements.
- Completing export details as required
- Ensure that test equipment used during measurement and calibration is within calibration.
- Complete Customer records as required
- As a mentor assess and sign off training & competency in Trainee Logbooks
- Adhere to company’s Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality policies, and industry standards
- Follow hierarchy of controls as laid out in company risk assessments for various tasks required to be carried out as required
- To provide on call support on rotation
- HNC/HND/Degree in Electronic/Electrical Engineering/ other technical discipline and/or equivalent industry experience
- Track record of experience in a Technician/Engineering role undertaking repair, maintenance and testing of electronic equipment, preferably in a subsea environment
- Extensive knowledge of subsea equipment
- Problem-solving capabilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Offshore experience preferred
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.