As the Draughting Team Lead within the company’s shared services unit, the role has 3 key areas:
- Draughting team supervision & resource management
- Generation and checking of engineering drawings and associated bills of materials
- Maintaining, creating and documenting draughting process and procedures.
Draughting team supervision & resource management, focus for the role includes the following:
- Draughting team members are allocated to meet project demands considering competency, required skills and demands of the specific project
- Team members are allocated to support sales under the direction of the relevant BU Manager
- Resource planning for future work, identify and assist in recruitment, reallocation of workloads, holiday management, etc
- Carrying out performance reviews and competency assessment in conjunction with the Engineering Manager
- Mentoring and development of Draughting team members
- Generation of CTR’s
Generation and checking of engineering drawings, deck layouts and associated bills of materials:
- Creating detailed fabrication, machining and assembly drawings suitable for manufacture
- Creation of detailed 3D models and assemblies
- Generating Bills of materials and selection of suitable components and materials in conjunction with the Mechanical Design Engineers and Engineering Manager
- Communicating design data to the company’s project delivery teams, external suppliers and sub‐ contractors
- Generation of lifting arrangement drawings in conjunction with mechanical design engineers Designing equipment in line with project Functional Design Specifications and project budgets as set out by the Project managers, BD Team and Engineering Manager
- Checking drawings and documents created by other Team members
- Co‐ordinating and consulting with others in the Engineering dept
- Project/Manufacturing/SCM teamsto resolve design or otherrelated manufacturing issues
- Leading and/or contributing to internal design reviews within the draughting team and in conjunction with Mechanical design team, Engineering Manager, area Technical Authorities and Project teams
- Liaising with external sub‐contract draughting and engineering teams to upload externally created drawings to the company’s design drives and Vault system.
Maintaining, creating and documenting draughting process and procedures:
- Ownership, maintaining, development and updating of processes and procedures within the draughting department
- Interface with the Engineering Manager, Design Engineers and area technical authorities to ensure best in class draughting and engineering is executed within the company.
- Provide technical knowledge and experience on draughting process and relevant applicable standards
- Implement workflow processes which reflect the actual workflow of the draughting team and drafting functions and which can be audited
- Ensuring continual improvement of draughting activities and draughting output through effective use of design reviews, lessons learned and project feedback.
Responsibilities & accountabilities include
- To maintain development of professional skills and experience via the undertaking and recording of Continuous Professional Development
- To display behaviours that actively encourage and promote a good HSEQ culture
- To follow the process of continuous improvement and to demonstrate a continuous improvement approach towards all processes, products and tasks within their role, to maintain and report key performance indicators, and to act as required to ensure agreed performance standards and expectations are achieved or excelled.
- To show commitment to HSEQ and to set good personal examples on HSEQ issues within their area of operation and influence. Required to report all accidents and near misses to their line manager, and to always lead by example and set high standards in all aspects of their role.
- To actively participate in all aspects of HSEQ awareness, education, training and communication. Accountable for stopping a job if perceived that it is not safe to progress for personnel or the equipment/ product, or if not adhering to the company’s standards or procedures.
- To encourage the team to challenge internal and external processes, procedures and methodologies to improve the company’s offering.
- To actively encourage innovation within the team, driving ideas form back‐deck operations through the organisation.
Experience, qualifications & skills (what is required for this role)
- Minimum of HNC/D qualification in appropriate draughting/ engineering subject or extensive relevant experience in a similar role
- Able to demonstrate balance of technical and supervisory experience at relevant similar level and position.
- Able to demonstrate people management skills and competent in team management.
- Able to team build and influence people at all levels of the organisation.
- Able to demonstrate track record of implementing theory into practical content / context in relation to draughting process and drawing creation.
- Relevant draughting experience in manufacturing, machining and fabrication environment.
Training & job specific requirements
- High level of knowledge of appropriate industry and technical standards, rules and regulations including but not limited to PUWER, LOLER, HSAW
- High levels of knowledge and skills of proficiency in all key design software, eg Inventor, Autocad and Vault
- Familiar / competent in Microsoft packages including Outlook, Excel, Word & SharePoint
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.